Why do I serve: I have always felt it important to make an investment into community as a participant, thus contributing to the general welfare of our town and neighborhoods. When you care about your community and become involved, you have the opportunity to find solutions to issues of concern and help represent the voice and interests of a collective group. My extensive experience interacting with zoning and building departments throughout the state will be beneficial to a position on the Zoning Board of Appeals. It is my choice to serve with an open heart and desire to add value to whatever I participate in.
Past or Present Boards/commissions/Volunteer work:
- Tariffville Village Association- President 2023, previously Secretary and Treasurer
- 2023- Board of Assessment Appeals, Alternate
- 2018-2022 Tourism
- 2019-2023 Central Regional Tourism Board
- 2018-2022 Fair Rent Commission
- 2012- 2015 Bike/Ped Advisory Group, 2015- Home Town Hero award (Silver Steering Committee, Bike Friendly Community)
- 2017 GHAR Presidential Advisory Group
- GHAR and CAR, numerous committees and focus groups over 30+ years
Employment History: Nearly four decades as a full-time Real Estate Broker. An Exclusive Buyer Agent for the past 25 years, as VP of The Buyer’s Representative LLC, and a Member of NAEBA (National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents). REB.0383037; 5 Star Award Recipient- 13 consecutive years (CT Magazine)
- Bloomfield High School- Class of 1973, Senior Class President
- First Student Ex-officio member Board of Education
- Trinity College- Class of 1976, BA American Studies
Why I love Simsbury: Simsbury is quintessential New England. The natural beauty and resources, as well as its residents and amenities are simply outstanding. Feeling blessed to be part of this community.
Fun Fact: In 2019, me and my niece Heather earned the first and second Leatherman patches awarded, having completed visitation to all 169 towns in CT, an adventure outlined in the book The Connecticut 169 Club, by Marty Podskoch. We both agreed the explorations were some of the best days of our lives.